G R A N T — F U N D E D P R O J E C T S
- CEC ArtsLink for ILXI
- Castaic Days Civic Association for The Castaic Days Festival
- REDCAT for Toxikos at NOW Festival
- American Conservatory Theater SF and the African American Shakespeare Company for Road Kill Giant
- Live Arts Exchange Festival for As Occurred, As Recalled
- California Electronic Music Exchange with CalArts and UCSD for The Next Step Is
- The Industry Opera Company L.A. for Hopscotch, A Mobile Opera
S E L E C T E D C O M P O S I T I O N S
- Cahuenga: Place on the Hill, score for entry in Christopher Coppola's PAH Fest, with Ivan Carames
- Winner, grand prize
- Winner, best score
- The Next Step Is, dance film by Victoria Sendra and choreographer Lindsey Lollie
- Selected for CalArts Film/Video Showcase at REDCAT in Los Angeles
- Selected for Out of the Box Festival at Jam Jar in Dubai
- Selected for Dance For Camera Festival at the Lincoln Center in NYC
- Selected for Dance Camera West at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles
- Selected for Dance on Film Series at Jacob Burns Film center in NYC
- Selected for Dance on Film Tour at Scotiabank Dance Centre in Vancouver
- Selected for Dance on Camera Festival 2013 at University of Michigan
- Eden's Embrace, score for short film by Nishan Hagop
- Selected for Sundance Film Festival
- Ripples, score for Project Pioneer 48-Hour Film Competition entry by Sloane Korach and Tony West
Interval, with choreographer Lindsey Lollie.
- As occurred, as recalled, with Whyteberg Dance Company.
- Premiered at Automata Space Los Angeles as an LAX 2016 featured work
- Made possible by a grant from Live Arts Exchange
- Premiered at Celebrate Dance 2014
- Selected for REDCAT Spring Studio 2014
- Selected for CalArts Commuter Festival 2014
- Yes is Not Passive, with CalArts professors Stephanie Nugent and Robin Cox
- Director's pick at Santa Cruz Fringe Festival
- Performed at REDCAT
- Performed at ARC Pasadena
- The Next Step is to Go Back, with choreographer Lindsey Lollie.
- Selected for Pasadena Dance Festival
- Selected for California Electronic Music Exchange Concert (CEMEC) at UCSD
- Selected for American College Dance (ACDFA) Festival Association Showcase 2012
- I Am, with choreographer Mersiha Mesihovic of CircuitDebris
- Selected for NYC10 Dance Initiative showcase
- Selected for Dance Soire by Sobers and Godly
- Selected for Brooklyn NY Dance Festival organized by Fresh Peach Dance
- Selected by the nonprofit 92Y as part of Roots in Revolution
- Bits of Mind, with choreographer Yanina Orellana
- Selected for CalArts Accepted Student Event
- Memory is a Movie, with CalArts dance professor Laurence Blake
- ASTEROZOA, a multi-ensemble work for my MFA graduation recital including string quartet, African Ewe ensemble, and five simultaneous grand pianos
- Lunatic Sun, original feature-length musical, for drums, percussion, guitar, banjo, ukulele, electric bass, and chorus. Workshop debut directed by Michael Yichao Wang and produced by Aaron L. McKinney
- Flight, an acrobatic opera by Katie Gardner, for string duet and fixed-media, with Chaz Underriner
V O C A L P E R F O R M A N C E
- Tango Alemán, by Maurico Kagel, performed with Shane Summers, Yu-Ting Wu, and Lucié Vitkova
- Featured on the CalArts website
- John Cage Centenary: The Long Books, a performance of John Cage's Song Books
- The only full realization of the Song Books during a single solo performance in history
- ILXI, algorithmic choral piece by Denis Kolokol
- Made possible by a grant from CEC ArtsLink
- The Fairy Queen as Francis Flute in Henry Purcell's opera based on A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Prosper Springs as Tenor 2 in the debut of Chaz Underriner's experimental opera
- The House is Open as The Doctor in the debut of Alex Vassos's contemporary electroacoustic opera
- Music Theater Improv Troupe, long form musical improvisation directed by Michael Yichao Wang
- Opera Scenes: Die Fledermaus as Eisenstein in a selection of scenes from Johann Strauss's classic farce
- Mini-Golf as Blortus in the premiere of Kristin Erickson's electroacoustic musical
- Mess In A Bottle, providing voice and vocal percussion for spoken word artist Aleshea Harris.
- Gas Banjo, original song selected for the CalArts Singer/Songwriter CD
- Wade in the Water, a cappella spiritual recorded for production of To Kill a Mockingbird in Hollywood
- Prague, a just-intonation vocal composition by Christoffer Schunk
- ILXI, algorithmic choral piece by Denis Kolokol, realized with support of CEC ArtsLink
- Lunatic Nail Cut, Serge synth player, from the album Stroboberries by Julian Valdi-Vieso
E V E N T P R O D U C T I O N
Castaic Days Outdoor Festival
- Master of Ceremonies, Castaic Lake Recreation Area, May 4—5, 2013
- Assistant and master of ceremonies for the entertainment portion of the annual nonprofit community event sponsored by the Castaic Days Civic Association.
ASTEROZOA, MFA Graduation Recital
- Composer, Producer, Performer, Roy O. Disney Concert Hall, March 19, 2013
- Scheduled rehearsals, coordinated with collaborators and administrators, provided marketing and outreach, media documentation, developed performance layout and live sound design.
Lunatic Sun, Hip Hop Jazz Bluesical
- Writer, Composer, Co-Producer, Coffeehouse Theater, December 1, 2012
- Creator and co-producer of the workshop premiere of my original musical, involving musician and actor rehearsals, sound design, scheduling, marketing and outreach, and score editing.
M U S I C D I R E C T O R
- Music Director, Vocalist, Vocal Percussion, Iole, Highways Theater, Santa Monica, July 7—12, 2013
- Performing and improvising the premiere of a pop culture/Greek tragedy mash-up.
- Music Director, Vocal Percussion, Synths, REDCAT, Los Angeles, August 8—10, 2013
- Music direction, instruction and performance for the NOW Festival for new theatrical works.
Road Kill Giant
- Music Director, Melodica, Various, American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco, January 23—25, 2014
- Devised and performed music and sound for debut workshop performance.
W O R K E X P E R I E N C E
- IT Customer Support, Los Angeles, CA, November 2015—Present
- Linux-based server management and support. Mostly troubleshooting related to LAMP stack, WordPress and database issues, DNS, and email. I've written and edited technical support materials for internal use.
Hoffman Patent Group
- Legal Assistant, Online Jack-of-All-Trades, Valencia, CA, June 2013—June 2014
- Patent and trademark searches. Responsible for every aspect of the law firm's internet presence, including updating social media, market research and outreach, plus website coding, content, design and maintenance.
California Institute of the Arts
- Graduate Assistant, Valencia, CA, September 2012—May 2013
- Managed and coordinated the Dizzie Gillespie Recording Studio at CalArts, including maintenance, troubleshooting, scheduling and adminstrative duties.
- Librarian, Valencia, CA, September 2012—May 2013
- Responsible for keeping track of all library media, shelving, checking in, logging, working with students to help them use facilities most effectively.
- Film Librarian, Valencia, CA, September 2012—May 2013
- Responsible for organizing and checking out all video media including film stock and tape, keeping track of projectors and film carts, and checking out viewing stations and rooms.
- Contractor, Los Angeles, CA Aug 2007—Present
- Worked as freelance composer and recording artist with the ultimate goal of building a portfolio for grad school.
The Boat Studio
- Assistant Sound Engineer, Los Angeles, CA, March 2007—Aug 2007
- Designing and implementing recording setups, scheduling clients, administrative duties, all session duties for high profile bands like Stanley Clark and the Sex Pistols.
- Data Management Operator, Los Angeles, CA, July 2006—March 2007
- Operated the largest digital storage facility on the west coast. Implemented and wrote UNIX scripts, allocated space, recorded digital tapes, created paperwork, and scheduled filmouts.
- Vault Administrator/Runner, Los Angeles, CA, June 2004—July 2006
- Administrative duties, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Filemaker Pro. Responsible for labeling, cataloguing and transporting all media elements in fast-paced, high profile feature post production facility, including film, sound, digital tape, and storage drives.
Barry Kirsch Recording
- Intern, Dubai, UAE, Summer 2004
- Assisted sessions, produced beats, administrative duties, and occasionally stepping in to record vocals.
Chris Bell & Mike Recording
- Intern, Los Angeles, CA, Summer 2003
- Assisted sessions, composed jingles, administrative duties, runner.
Vallhalla Motion Pictures
- Intern, Los Angeles, CA, Summer 2003
- Covered movie scripts, administrative duties.
S K I L L S
- Proficient in Ableton Live, ProTools, Sibelius, Reason, Digital Performer, Peak, and Sound Forge
- Twelve years blogging experience, four years running and coding my personal WordPress.org site
- Very experienced in FTP protocol, product updating, online market research and social media
- Extensive technical experience using PC, Mac, and UNIX operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Extremely good with people
- Organized, detail-oriented, punctual, professional, self-starting, multi-tasking and hard-working
E D U C A T I O N
California Institute of the Arts
- M.F.A. Music Composition and Vocal Performance, Los Angeles, CA, September 2011—May 2013
- Composition studies with Marc Lowenstein and Barry Schrader
- Voice studies with Paul Berkolds, Jacqui Boback and Marc Lowenstein
- Recording and Production Technique studies with John Baffa and Clay Chaplin
Florida State University
- B.A. Music Composition and Vocal Performance, Tallahassee, FL, August 2000-May 2004
- Composition studies with Mark Wingate and Mark Connor
- Voice studies with Isaac Hurtado and Kyle Ferrill